“When you consider during the average life of a conservatory, the roof is likely to encounter 50ft of rainfall, 450 days with snow falling, 57 days with hail the size of peas and of course, a wind that is often gale force-it needs to be good.”
The largest conservatory roof manufacturer in the world is based in Clitheroe in Lancashire and producing in excess of 2500 roofs a week. Ultraframe have a total of 27 patents with another 14 applied for their conservatory systems. The magazine “House Beautiful” summed up Ultraframe best. “When you consider during the average life of a conservatory, the roof is likely to encounter 50ft of rainfall, 450 days with snow falling, 57 days with hail the size of peas and of course, a wind that is often gale force-it needs to be good. It needs to be Ultraframe. The first company in the UK to have BBA certificates for their lean-to and Victorian roofs.”
Ultraframe offer what has to be the most flexible and adaptable roofing system available today. There is a component for every situation. When buying a domestic conservatory, it is nice to bear in mind that Ultraframe’s Portal division has designed many of the largest glazed roof structures in the UK. The thing that sets the Ultraframe roofing system apart from others is the almost religious attention to detail. If a part is needed or can be improved, Ultraframe’s in-house design team; headed by John Lancaster (Ultraframe’s founder and principle shareholder) will design and patent the new product. Some of the key features of the roof include:
- Glazed in glass or Quadruple glazed polycarbonate available in clear, opalite, bronze tinted and combination tint on opalite.
- A massive choice of colours – think rosewood, chartwell green, light oak, dark grey to name but a few
- All are roof systems feature advanced chambered top caps for superior insulation
- The roof is capable of holding 75 kg per metre sq.
- High quality components gives the roof a life expectancy of over 25 years (British Board of Agreement Findings)
- A choice of finishing touches, such as Cresting and finials
- Box gutters which are thermally insulated to stop any condensation forming
- The roof can be adjusted to suit different angles from 15 to 35 degrees, making it perfect for any situation
- Built into the ridge is a trickle ventilation system, which can be opened and closed. This is not only weather proof it is also grilled to stop insects or flies entering.
You have probably noticed the many options on the display site. All our conservatories can accommodate any of the features you see. Remember many are standard such as lovely decorative inserts in the corners of our roofs around the eaves of many of our conservatories on display.
For more detailed ideas and specifications please visit Ultraframes informative website here